A tour of the inside of the hall.
A video tour of our grounds
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The safety of our Hirer(s) and their guests is our highest priority. To help us to maintain this, we ask that you agree (by signing the Hire Agreement) the following:
· For safety reasons, the Hall capacity is 190 people, please respect this and ensure that it is not exceeded, the Hirer is ultimately responsible for the safety of their guests whilst hiring the Hall
· We are a community-led group, as such, we expect hirers and their guests to be respectful of our neighbours around the Hall. Cars must only be parked in designated spaces – respectfully we ask that any on-street parking allows for the passage of local traffic and emergency vehicles.
· Any verbal or physical abuse of committee members or agents representing the committee (e.g. caretakers) will NOT be tolerated in any form
· The committee reserve the right to withhold money from the deposit for costs incurred for cleaning, materials, OOC bin emptying, time etc at the sole discretion of the committee.
To ensure that we continue to maintain and improve the facilities at the Village Hall:
· For security purposes, the Hall keys will not be available to any Hirers
· The Hirer, or a representative of the Hirer must be on the premises at all times (this includes any time setting up for events).
· No liquids of any kind are to be taken on to the dancefloor. Any spillages MUST BE CLEANED IMMEDIATELY to prevent damage to the surface. This includes wet wipes on shoes. Liquid spills incur an immediate £50 deduction from the deposit for repolishing.
Confetti/beads/glitter etc is forbidden from being thrown. Any used will incur an immediate £50 cleaning charge.
· Hirers must ensure that anyone in the Hall during time of Hire has FULL access to fire exits
· Please respect our Hall and leave it clean and tidy, ready for the next hirer. In an 'as you found it' condition.
· In order to comply with our public entertainment licence, all music must end by 23:45, 22:00 on Sunday and events must end at 00:00 and 22:30 on Sunday.
· The committee reserves the right to refuse any application without stating the reason for doing this and reserves the right to impose special conditions should this be required
· The Hall does not hold a licence for the sale of alcohol. However, we can provide a bar via an arrangement with a local licensee
· Hirers should not bring onto the premises any hazardous materials such as compressed gas cylinders, paraffin heaters etc.
· The hirer shall not carry out any alterations to the building, nor fix or cause to be fixed any apparatus, equipment, notice or decoration without prior consent from the Committee
· The Committee or its agents shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property of the Hirer or of any other person, left, deposited in or brought onto the premises, and the Hirer shall indemnify the Weston Coyney Village Hall Association against all actions, claims, damages, expenses and penalties arising out of, or in any way connected with such loss or damage or use of the Village hall by the Hirer
· Under no circumstances will smoking be allowed in or around the Hall
· Animals (with the exception of guide/ hearing dogs) are not allowed in the Village Hall building, animals under the full control of their owners will be allowed on the grounds, when permission is sought and granted from the Committee
· New hire agreements must be for a minimum of 2 hours, current hire charge is £15 per hour
· Vacation of the premises must be prompt. Failure to keep to agreed hire times will incur additional hire fees – up to 30 minutes, a charge of £25 will be charged, between 30 minutes and 1 hour will incur £50 charge. Over 1 hour will be £100 per additional hour.
· Any damages must be paid for in full, should they exceed the deposit.
· The Terms & Conditions will be reviewed annually.
· Failure to comply with Terms and Conditions above WILL result in loss of deposit/ termination of hire agreement by The Committee, we also reserve the right to immediately close ANY event should the safety of anyone within the Hall be compromised.
Single Event Hire
· The standard deposit for a single event hire is £250, fully refundable if the hall is left clean tidy and damage free. (See top of page)
· Tables and chairs are included in the hiring fee for the Hall. It is also possible to hire tables and chairs to take to another venue, but priority is given to Hall bookings.
· The hall has a sound system and lighting setup, available by arrangement
· Cancellation of Bookings - If bookings are cancelled within a period of 28 days prior to the date of the event will be subject to a 50% charge. All confirmed bookings must be cancelled in writing. Any cancellation within 7 days of the event will be charged in full.
· Should the Hall be left in an unreasonable condition, damaged or the function unreasonably over-runs its exit time, all or a portion of the deposit fee will be forfeited at the sole discretion of the committee.
Should an online booking need to be cancelled, once the payment merchant has credited our account, a refund can only be paid by cheque and a transaction fee of 2.9% plus £25 will be deducted from any refund. Any online bookings cancelled within 14 days of the hire date will only be refunded 50% of the original hire minus 2.